I’ve been asked to contribute a piece for violin, flute, percussion and piano to an upcoming concert at the Queensland Conservatorium (facebook event Amazing Women #4) and am using Wholebody Focusing as my underpinning compositional approach. Apart from generating a relatively small amount of specifically musical material, facilitating fresh ways of playing and listening for both performers and audience feels like my main role. The piece will be an exploration in sound of a newly crystallised practise I’ve developed called Invoking the Living Body of Wholeness.
AND I’ve been awarded a Janet Klein scholarship to attend the Focusing Weeklong in New York in November. I was elated to find this out in mid-Winter, and am finally back ‘online’ with the first hints of Spring to share it here : )
Karen Whalen’s words –
- Anyone wanting to learn a relationally-based BodyMind practise of awareness
- Somatic and Energetically Based Health Care Professionals
- Anyone wanting to discover their own living body of wholeness in a practical, safe and supportive environment
- Anyone wanting to connect with the inner resource of their own Body Wisdom
- Any Health Care Professionals wanting to use the inter-relational or inter-subjective field as an active change agent
My (inexhaustive) list –
- researchers into bodymind phenomena
- GPs, paediatricians, psychologists, psychiatrists, philosophers
- allied health practitioners
- faith-based practitioners
- bodyworkers, movement based practitioners
- creative artists
- creative arts therapists
- writers, health/science reporters
- social entrepeneurs
- community facilitators and experience designers
Just now thought of Translucent eyelids, a poem that came to me in the middle of the night in December last year. Entering into a Wholebody Focusing space, the experience came first. Then, I took up the challenge of documenting it in poetic form. This was well before Jenni Cargill-Strong and I had planned our Sunday afternoon 3 May storytelling, music and movement reTreat for women.
Must have had a direct line to Baba Yaga!
Copyright 2014 Lynette Lancini
Claw Mother wakes me at 2:30am
hooting me in
with her prehensile chin.
I scratch, and ground.
Wide of consciousness and west of online
she wants me to strike her breath into sound.
Cognition, a cannula that gets in the way
of Claw Mother scraping her name.
Patterns of language, thinking and speech,
possible manoeuvres laid out like sheets –
the neat folded concepts
the gizzard in the night has
translucent eyelids. Is she alright?
Scraping these shapes of about is not it:
abouting, promenading, these words are like scats
pointing to where she has scratched.
Here’s a downloadable A4 brief of the May 28 and June 1-3 and 4-5 trainings I’m co-facilitating with Karen Whalen – 3 workshops in Wholebody Focusing
Welcome to Wholebody Creative Change. I am a Wholebody Focusing trainer and creative musician. The site is under construction, so check back soon and it will have grown!
To learn more about the practice of Wholebody Focusing, visit founder Kevin McKevenue’s site wholebodyfocusing.com